Texas Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Naples, Texas
Need help starting a business in Naples, Texas? We've got the information you need to open a business in Naples.
Is Becoming a Business Owner Right for You?
Most new businesses fail, in part because the entrepreneur did not have the tenacity and/or the skills to succeed. So, before you start your business, consider all of the implications of being an entrepreneur.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Naples. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- We recommend reading Should You Become an Entrepreneur?. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Have a candid conversation with friends and family. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
Naples, Texas Demographic Information
Naples has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Naples demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Naples.
As a new Naples entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Naples for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Forming a Company in Naples, Texas
It's very important that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Doing so will protect you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very popular way to form a business. A key decision is whether to form and S-Corp or a C-Corp, and you also must decide in which state you will incorporate. If you are starting a business in Texas, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in Texas. In fact, you can incorporate in the state of your choosing. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as Subchapter S Corporations. You may also want to seek the advice of an attorney. Finally, if you are starting a business in Naples, Texas, our information on Incorporating in Texas may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Texas.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
A business plan is vital in maximizing the prospects of your new company. In effect, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Starting a business without a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Before you start writing a business plan, we suggest you skim Business Plan Outsourcing. A great resource for business planning assistance is the free counseling sessions provided by your local SCORE chapter in Texas.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Finding the funds to fuel the growth of your Naples business will be harder than you might expect. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as 504 Loans.
Promoting Your New Company
Whether your goal is to attract Naples customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Music on Hold discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Most new Naples businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
We are here to help Naples businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Naples entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Naples, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Naples.
- Resources for Naples, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Naples entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for Texas Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs