Texas Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Plainview, Texas
Thinking about starting a business in Plainview, Texas? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Plainview.
Plainview, Texas Demographic Information
Plainview has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Plainview demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Plainview.
As a new Plainview entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Plainview for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Should You Franchise?
As you drive around Plainview, you'll notice that many local entrepreneurs have gone the franchising route. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our recommendation is that you investigate buying a franchise. We have many articles on franchises, such as Credit and Franchise Purchasing. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Sparkling Image and Party Personnel Franchise Systems. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Frozen Yogurt Franchises and Kid Friendly Franchises.
Note on Plainview Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Plainview, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Naming the Company
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Company names need to be easy to spell, easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Branding Advice.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are opening a business in Plainview, it's very important that you make sure no other Texas company is using the business name you want to use.
Getting the Word Out About Your New Company
To grow your Plainview business, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Typical Direct Mail Response Rates is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Bring in Revenues
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Plainview or are selling to customers throughout Texas, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
So what does it take to bring in more prospects and close more business? Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
How to Improve Your Entrepreneurial Abilities
Successful entrepreneurs recognize that they need to continually improve.
Given that you are starting a business in Plainview, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local Texas educational institutions. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any Plainview networking organizations.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Plainview. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Plainview and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Plainview, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Plainview.
- Resources for Plainview, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Plainview entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for Texas Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs