Oklahoma Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Shattuck, Oklahoma
Contemplating starting a business in Shattuck, Oklahoma? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Shattuck.
Are You Sure You Want to Do This?
Most new ventures fail, in part because the founder did not have the tenacity and/or the skills to succeed. So, before you open a business, consider all of the implications of being an entrepreneur.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Reach out to other entrepreneurs in Shattuck. Ask them candidly what it's like to run a business.
- Peruse Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs. This is one of our more popular articles for folks who want to go into business for themselves.
- Seek the advice of somebody who knows you well. The people who know you best are often in the best position to tell you bluntly whether you will be a good entrepreneur.
Shattuck, Oklahoma Demographic Information
Shattuck has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Shattuck demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Shattuck.
As a new Shattuck entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Shattuck for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
As you drive around Shattuck, you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. Is franchising maybe a better way for you to start your business?
We highly recommend you consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Questions to Ask Franchisors. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Shattuck Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Shattuck.
Don't Skip the Business Plan
A business plan is vital to the health of your new business. In effect, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Starting a business without a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Getting your Shattuck business the capital it needs to succeed is not an easy task. Bootstrapping, which means growing the business without outside funding, is the best alternative, but that's not a viable option for many startup plans.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Choosing VC Firms.
Promoting Your New Company
To rise above the crowd in Shattuck and accelerate your business, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Internet Advertising discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Most new Shattuck businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Shattuck and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Shattuck, Oklahoma
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Shattuck.
- Resources for Shattuck, Oklahoma Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Shattuck entrepreneurs.
- Oklahoma Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Small Business Development Center - Whether you are in business or thinking about it, the Oklahoma Small Business Development Center staff can assist you. Their goal is to help Oklahoma entrepreneurs like you be more successful.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Oklahoma
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs