Texas Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Tatum, Texas
Are you starting a business in Tatum, Texas? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Tatum.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, assess your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Grab a meal or cofee with other entrepreneurs in Tatum. Get their candid feedback on what it takes to start a successful business.
- Take a look at The Entrepreneurial Personality. It's a short article but it's a good reality check for those are about to jump into the world of entrepreneurship.
- Reach out to a trusted acquaintance. A support network of family and friends can be a great sounding board for good advice before you decide for sure to go into business.
Tatum, Texas Demographic Information
Tatum has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Tatum demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Tatum.
As a new Tatum entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Tatum for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
As you drive around Tatum, you'll notice that many local entrepreneurs have gone the franchising route. Is it perhaps smarter to franchise a business instead of doing it from scratch.
Our recommendation is that you consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Before Buying a Franchise. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Representative franchise opportunities include BathCrest and CATZ Sports Fitness. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Closet Design and Construction Franchises and Payroll Service Franchises.
Note on Tatum Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Tatum.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Getting your Tatum business the capital it needs to succeed is a difficult chore. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Business Credit Evaluation.
Promoting Your New Company
To grow your Tatum business, you need a solid marketing plan.
You can learn all about marketing on our site. Telemarketing Service Costs is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Increase Your Entrepreneurial Knowledge
The best entrepreneurs recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
With your business being located in Tatum, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local Texas educational institutions. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any networking groups or organizations in which Tatum entrepreneurs get together to network and trade their business experiences.
Now It's Up To You
You have a dream -- starting a business in Tatum. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
We are here to help Tatum businesses to be successful. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Tatum, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Tatum.
- Resources for Tatum, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Tatum entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs