Ohio Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Worthington, Ohio
Thinking about starting a business in Worthington, Ohio? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Worthington.
Are You Ready for Entrepreneurship?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, consider your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
With so much at stake when you start a business, we strongly recommend you do the following before you proceed:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Worthington. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- We recommend reading Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Seek the advice of somebody who knows you well. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
What Business to Start
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. We recommend that you read Free Business Ideas.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our How to Start a Courier & Delivery Services Business guide or our Starting an International Movers Business guide.
Don't forget that your new startup will be located in Worthington. Some businesses will do better in Worthington than others. Study Worthington demographics and do a competitive analysis as part of your startup planning process.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Worthington Business?
We've created a useful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in Ohio. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Worthington.
Before buying a business, be sure to read this article: Buying a Business.
Don't Forget to Create a Business Plan
A business plan is essential in laying a solid foundation for your business success. In effect, your business plan is your game plan for how you hope to grow your business. Not having a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Marketing Your New Venture
Whether your goal is to attract Worthington customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a solid marketing plan.
We have some excellent resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. E-Mail Marketing is a good read to get your marketing ideas flowing. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Ramping Up Sales
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Worthington or are selling to customers throughout Ohio, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
So what does it take to bring in more prospects and close more business? Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Never Give Up
You have a dream -- starting a business in Worthington. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Worthington and elsewhere to achieve real success. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Worthington, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Worthington, Ohio
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Worthington.
- Resources for Worthington, Ohio Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Worthington entrepreneurs.
- Ohio Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Ohio.
- Ohio Small Business Development Center - Whether you're starting your business, expanding your business, or just looking to stay in business, the Small Business Development Centers of Ohio (SBDCs of Ohio) can help with professional guidance by connecting you with research, financing sources, and training opportunities.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Ohio
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs