Texas Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Bellville, Texas
Thinking about starting a business in Bellville, Texas? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Bellville.
What Business Are You Starting?
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. You might get some good ideas about what kind of business to start by reading Finding Your Niche in Life.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our How to Start a Catalog & Brochure Printing Business guide or our Opening a Moisture Control Business guide.
Remember that you are starting a business in Bellville. Some businesses will do better in Bellville than others. Make sure you fully understand Bellville demographics before you lock in on your business idea.
Bellville, Texas Demographic Information
Bellville has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Bellville demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Bellville.
As a new Bellville entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Bellville for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Should You Buy an Existing Bellville Business?
We've created a helpful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Bellville.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: Hold Harmless Agreements When Buying Businesses.
Naming the Business
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Target, Microsoft and Intuit all have strong company names that are easy to remember and have become well-loved brands. Wouldn't it be nice if your new company name got on a similar track?
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Naming a Company.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are starting a business in Bellville, it's very important that you make sure your company name has not already been claimed by another Texas business.
Forming a Company in Bellville, Texas
It's very important that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Doing so will shield you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
When forming a company, you will pick from many company types, such as a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very common way to legally create a business entity. A key decision is whether to form and S-Corp or a C-Corp, and you also must decide in which state you will incorporate. If you are starting a business in Texas, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in Texas. As it turns out, you can incorporate in the state of your choosing. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as ESOP Formation. You may also want to seek the advice of an attorney. On a final note, since you will be starting a business in Bellville, Texas, our web page covering Incorporating in Texas may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Texas.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Raising money to fund your new Bellville business requires strong organization skills and perseverance. The reality is that there is very little funding available for new small businesses, and you have to explore every possible alternative.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as Attracting Investors.
Promoting Your New Business
To rise above the crowd in Bellville and accelerate your business, you need a solid marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Newspaper Advertising Costs is a good read to get your marketing thoughts flowing. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Bellville. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Bellville and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Bellville, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Bellville, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Bellville.
- Resources for Bellville, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Bellville entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for Texas Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs