California Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Blythe, California
Need help starting a business in Blythe, California? We've got the information you need to open a business in Blythe.
Are You Ready for Entrepreneurship?
Most new companies fail, in part because the founder did not have the tenacity and/or the skills to succeed. So, before jumping into the world of entrepreneurship, consider all of the implications of being an entrepreneur.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Blythe. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- We recommend reading Should You Become an Entrepreneur?. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Have a candid conversation with friends and family. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
Blythe, California Demographic Information
Blythe has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Blythe demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Blythe.
As a new Blythe entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Blythe for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
Examine a list of Blythe businesses and you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. But is franchising the right option for you?
We highly recommend you consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Credit and Franchise Purchasing. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
A comprehensive list of franchisors is available via our List of Franchise Opportunities.
Sample franchise opportunities include Krieger's Your Hometown Sports Grill and El Pollo Loco, Inc.. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Travel and Leisure Franchises and Child Safety Franchises.
Note on Blythe Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Blythe, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Is Buying an Existing Blythe Business a Good Strategy?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Blythe.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Hold Harmless Agreements When Buying Businesses.
Selecting a Name For Your Venture
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Target, Microsoft and Intuit all have strong company names that are easy to remember and have become well-loved brands. Wouldn't it be nice if your new company name got on a similar track?
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Naming a Business.
On a final note, given that you are starting a business in Blythe, it's imperative that you check now that no other California company is using the business name you want to use.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Getting your Blythe business the capital it needs to succeed is not an easy task. Bootstrapping, which means growing the business without outside funding, is the best alternative, but that's not a viable option for many startup plans.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Choosing VC Firms.
Never Give Up
Most new Blythe businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Blythe and elsewhere to achieve real success. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Blythe, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Blythe, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Blythe.
- Resources for Blythe, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Blythe entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for California Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs