California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Corcoran, California
Contemplating starting a business in Corcoran, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Corcoran.
What Type of Business Should You Start?
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. We recommend that you read Business Ideas That Don't Make Sense.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Starting a Retail Tapestries Business guide or our How to Start a Cutlery Wholesale & Manufacturers Business guide.
Remember that starting a business in Corcoran has some implications. Think about what needs are currently being underserved in Corcoran. A critical consideration is whether Corcoran demographics mesh well with your startup concept.
Corcoran, California Demographic Information
Corcoran has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Corcoran demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Corcoran.
As a new Corcoran entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Corcoran for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
As you drive around Corcoran, you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. So, it probably makes sense for you to consider franchising too.
Most business experts recommend that you look into purchasing a franchise. We have many articles on franchises, such as Before Buying a Franchise. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include The Intelligent Office and Direct English. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Wine Franchises and Marketing, Sales and Advertising Franchises.
Note on Corcoran Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Corcoran.
Selecting a Name For Your Business
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
Before you decide on a company name, run it by some prospective customers and see what they think. If they don't like it, it's probably a good idea to go back to the drawing board.
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Company.
On a final note, given that you are starting a business in Corcoran, it's critical that you ensure that your company name has not already been claimed by another California business.
The Role of the Business Plan
A business plan is critical in laying a solid foundation for your business success. Simply put, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Failure to write a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Before you start writing a business plan, we suggest you skim The Art of the Executive Summary. You should also take advantage of free business counselors available to you through your local SCORE chapter in California.
Marketing Your New Business
To grow your Corcoran business, you need a great marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Television Advertising Rates is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Never Give Up
As an entrepreneur in Corcoran, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Corcoran and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Corcoran, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Corcoran.
- Resources for Corcoran, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Corcoran entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs