Texas Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Georgetown, Texas
Need help starting a business in Georgetown, Texas? We've got the information you need to open a business in Georgetown.
Choosing the Right Company to Start
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. If you are struggling with what type of business to start, read Evaluating Your Idea.
If you still are not sure what type of business to start, peruse the Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our How to Start a Computer Technology School guide or our How to Start a Major Appliances Service & Repair Business guide.
Always keep in mind that you are opening your new business in Georgetown. Some businesses will do better in Georgetown than others. Study Georgetown demographics and do a competitive analysis as part of your startup planning process.
Georgetown, Texas Demographic Information
Georgetown has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Georgetown demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Georgetown.
As a new Georgetown entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Georgetown for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is Franchising a Better Option?
As you drive around Georgetown, it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. But is franchising the right option for you?
Most business experts recommend that you consider franchising as an option. On our site, you can read many articles about franchising, such as Franchising Scams. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
You can find franchise opportunities by browsing our Franchise Opportunities Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Sarah Adult Day Services, Inc. and Cosi, Inc.. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Business Services Franchises and Child Education and Tutoring Franchises.
Note on Georgetown Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Georgetown, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Startup Financing Basics
Finding the funds to fuel the growth of your Georgetown business will be harder than you might expect. If you don't have a rich uncle to fund you, you'll need to be creative in how you approach your fundraising efforts.
The good news is this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled Bank Credit Lines.
Marketing Your New Venture
Whether your goal is to attract Georgetown customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a great marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Planning an Event is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Ramping Up Sales
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Georgetown business, you need to focus on sales.
Clever sales techniques can transform any business from good to great. Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
As an entrepreneur in Georgetown, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Georgetown and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Georgetown, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Georgetown.
- Resources for Georgetown, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Georgetown entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs