California Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Greenville, California
Need help starting a business in Greenville, California? We've got the information you need to open a business in Greenville.
Are You Ready for the Challenges of Being an Entrepreneur?
Before quitting your day job, assess your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Greenville. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- We recommend reading Should You Become an Entrepreneur?. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Have a candid conversation with friends and family. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
What Business Are You Starting?
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. You might get some good ideas about what kind of business to start by reading Free Business Ideas.
For step-by-step instructions on starting a variety of business types, visit the Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our How to Start a Boys' Clothing Retail Business guide or our How to Start a Horse Feed & Supplies Business guide.
Remember that Greenville is the place where you are starting a business. If Greenville already has plenty of the kind of business you want to start, you might want to change your plans. Study Greenville demographics and do a competitive analysis as part of your startup planning process.
Greenville, California Demographic Information
Greenville has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Greenville demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Greenville.
As a new Greenville entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Greenville for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Greenville Business?
We've created a helpful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Greenville.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Getting the Word Out About Your New Company
To grow your Greenville business, you need a solid marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Working with an Advertising Agency is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Bring in Revenues
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Greenville or are selling to customers throughout California, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
So what does it take to bring in more prospects and close more business? Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Never Give Up
You have a dream -- starting a business in Greenville. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Greenville businesses to be successful. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Greenville, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Greenville, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Greenville.
- Resources for Greenville, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Greenville entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs