Texas Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Littlefield, Texas
Need help starting a business in Littlefield, Texas? We've got the information you need to open a business in Littlefield.
Will You Be a Successful Entrepreneur?
Being an entrepreneur is hard work, much more challenging than working as an employee. Are you sure you are ready to take on this challenge?
To determine whether you have what it takes to run a business, we recommend these three steps to help you decide:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Littlefield. They are usually very willing to share their insights on the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.
- We recommend reading Why Small Businesses Fail. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Get feedback from somebody whom you trust. Others sometimes know you better than you know yourself.
Littlefield, Texas Demographic Information
Littlefield has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Littlefield demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Littlefield.
As a new Littlefield entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Littlefield for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Should You Franchise?
Browse the Yellow Pages for Littlefield and you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. But is franchising the right option for you?
We highly recommend you consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Franchise Versus Business Opportunity. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Littlefield Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Littlefield.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Littlefield Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you might discover several good businesses for sale in Littlefield.
If you are intent on buying a business, you may want to read this article: Buying a Business.
Company Formation in Littlefield, Texas
It's essential that you form your business as a legal structure. Doing so will shield you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership or other structure.
Incorporating is a very popular way to form a business. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. Just because you are starting a business in Texas, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in Texas. In fact, you can incorporate in any state you would like to. For example, it's very popular to incorporate in Delaware, and incorporating in Nevada has become very trendy as well. Don't forget, though, that you will have to register as a foreign entity in all states that you do business in.
There's a lot to know about forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as Registered Agents. You may also want to seek the advice of an attorney. Finally, if you are starting a business in Littlefield, Texas, our information on Incorporating in Texas may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Texas.
Make Sure You Have a Business Plan
Writing a business plan is critical in laying a solid foundation for your business success. In effect, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Starting a business without a business plan will greatly reduce your chances of business success.
Getting Money to Start a Business
Finding the funds to fuel the growth of your Littlefield business is a difficult chore. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Angel Investors.
As an entrepreneur in Littlefield, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Littlefield and throughout the United States . We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Littlefield entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Littlefield, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Littlefield.
- Resources for Littlefield, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Littlefield entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs