California Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Seaside, California
Thinking about starting a business in Seaside, California? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Seaside.
Which Business to Choose?
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. You might get some good ideas about what kind of business to start by reading Business Ideas That Don't Make Sense.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Starting a Data Processing Services Data Entry Business guide or our How to Start a Stair Treads Business guide.
Remember that you are starting a business in Seaside. Some businesses will do better in Seaside than others. Only by spending some time analyzing Seaside demographics can you decide if there will be strong demand for your business idea.
Seaside, California Demographic Information
Seaside has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Seaside demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Seaside.
As a new Seaside entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Seaside for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Seaside Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you can review several good businesses for sale in Seaside.
Before buying a business, be sure to read this article: Hold Harmless Agreements When Buying Businesses.
Naming the Company
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
Pick a company name that isn't too generic. If you do a search engine search for your proposed name and a billion results come up, you may want to reconsider the name. It's much easier to come up in the search engines when your name is fairly unique.
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Business.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are starting a business in Seaside, it's very important that you make sure no other California company is using the business name you want to use.
Promoting Your New Company
To rise above the crowd in Seaside and grow your business, you need a solid marketing plan.
We have some excellent resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Radio Ads is a good read to get your marketing ideas flowing. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Bring in Revenues
Being able to sell is fundamental to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Seaside or are selling to customers throughout California, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
The key to selling is to set sales goals goals and monitor your progress towards those goals. The good news is we can help you to make selling a big competitve advantage for your new firm.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Seaside. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Seaside and throughout the United States . We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Seaside, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Seaside.
- Resources for Seaside, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Seaside entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs