Texas Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Spur, Texas
Need help starting a business in Spur, Texas? We've got the information you need to open a business in Spur.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Running your own business is hard work, much harder than working as an employee. Are you certain you are ready to take on this challenge?
Because entrepreneurship is not for everyone, we recommend you do the following to help you assess whether you should move forward with starting a business:
- Reach out to other entrepreneurs in Spur. Get their candid feedback on what it takes to start a successful business.
- Peruse Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs. This is one of our more popular articles for folks who want to go into business for themselves.
- Seek the advice of somebody who knows you well. A support network of family and friends can be a great sounding board for good advice before you decide for sure to go into business.
Choosing the Right Company to Start
There are many businesses that you can start. How do you know which type of business is right for you? To help you decide on a business type, we encourage you to read Business Ideas That Don't Make Sense.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Opening a Landscape Gardeners Business guide or our Opening a Magazine Dealers Business guide.
Don't forget that you are starting a business in Spur. The business you want to start may already be well-represented in Spur. Only by spending some time analyzing Spur demographics can you decide if there will be strong demand for your business idea.
Spur, Texas Demographic Information
Spur has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Spur demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Spur.
As a new Spur entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Spur for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Spur Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Spur.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Choosing a Company Name
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
We strongly advocate that you make sure the ".com" domain name is available for your company name. Every business needs a strong Web presence these days, and having a non ".com" domain means somebody else may outrank you in the search results for your own company name.
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Business.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are starting a business in Spur, it's critical that you ensure that no other Texas company is using the business name you want to use.
Letting the World Know You Exist
To rise above the crowd in Spur and build your business, you need a great marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Making the Most of Trade Shows is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Now It's Up To You
As an entrepreneur in Spur, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Spur and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Spur, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Spur.
- Resources for Spur, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Spur entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs