California Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Travis AFB, California
Are you starting a business in Travis AFB, California? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Travis AFB.
Travis AFB, California Demographic Information
Travis AFB has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Travis AFB demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Travis AFB.
As a new Travis AFB entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Travis AFB for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
Visit the business district of Travis AFB and it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our recommendation is that you look into purchasing a franchise. To help you learn more about franchising, we've gathered a ton of articles on franchising, including Growth Trends in Franchising. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
You can review hundreds of franchise opportunities by browing our Franchise Directory.
Note on Travis AFB Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Travis AFB.
Naming the Business
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
We strongly advocate that you make sure the ".com" domain name is available for your company name. Every business needs a strong Web presence these days, and having a non ".com" domain means somebody else may outrank you in the search results for your own company name.
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Business.
On a final note, given that you are opening a business in Travis AFB, it's critical that you ensure that you will be the only California company using the business name you have chosen.
Forming a Company in Travis AFB, California
It's very important that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Doing so will shield you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very common way to legally create a business entity. A key decision is whether to form and S-Corp or a C-Corp, and you also must decide in which state you will incorporate. If you are starting a business in California, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in California. As it turns out, you can incorporate wherever you want. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as Incorporation Advice. You may also want to seek the advice of an lawyer. Finally, if you are starting a business in Travis AFB, California, our information on Incorporating in California may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in California.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Finding the funds to fuel the growth of your Travis AFB business is a difficult chore. To obtain business financing, you will need to hear a lot of rejections before you finally find a funding solution that works for you.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as Realistic Debt Financing Options.
Increase Your Entrepreneurial Knowledge
Successful business owners recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
As an entrepreneur who lives in Travis AFB, California, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby California universities, colleges and community colleges. We also recommend you look into networking organizations for Travis AFB entrepreneurs.
Never Give Up
As an entrepreneur in Travis AFB, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Travis AFB and elsewhere to achieve real success. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Travis AFB, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Travis AFB, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Travis AFB.
- Resources for Travis AFB, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Travis AFB entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs