Oregon Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Corvallis, Oregon
Are you starting a business in Corvallis, Oregon? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Corvallis.
Do You Have Entrepreneurial Drive and Passion?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, assess your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Corvallis. Get their candid feedback on what it takes to start a successful business.
- You should read The Entrepreneurial Personality. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Reach out to a trusted acquaintance. A support network of family and friends can be a great sounding board for good advice before you decide for sure to go into business.
Corvallis, Oregon Demographic Information
Corvallis has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Corvallis demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Corvallis.
As a new Corvallis entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Corvallis for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is Franchising a Better Option?
Visit the business district of Corvallis and you'll notice that many local entrepreneurs have gone the franchising route. Should you be giving franchising serious consideration?
Our recommendation is that you consider franchising as an option. To help you learn more about franchising, we've gathered a ton of articles on franchising, including Franchising Scams. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
A comprehensive list of franchisors is available via our List of Franchise Opportunities.
Note on Corvallis Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Corvallis.
Is Buying an Existing Corvallis Business a Good Strategy?
We've created a handy website page for those who want to Buy a Business in Oregon. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Corvallis.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Buying a Business.
Make Sure You Have a Business Plan
Having a business plan is vital in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Indeed, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Not having a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
Bring in Revenues
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Corvallis or are selling to customers throughout Oregon, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Not knowing how to sell can result in lost customers and minimal market share. Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Now It's Up To You
You have a dream -- starting a business in Corvallis. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Corvallis businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Corvallis entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Corvallis, Oregon
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Corvallis.
- Resources for Corvallis, Oregon Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Corvallis entrepreneurs.
- Oregon Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Oregon.
- Oregon Small Business Development Center - Oregon Small Business Development Centers use a client-centered approach to deliver counseling, training, information and technical assistance in all aspects of small business management. There is no fee for their assistance.
More Startup Articles for Oregon Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs