California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Fullerton, California
Contemplating starting a business in Fullerton, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Fullerton.
Is Becoming an Entrepreneur Right for You?
An entrepreneurial life is difficult, much more challenging than working as an employee. Are you certain you want to go into business for yourself?
Because entrepreneurship is not for everyone, we recommend you do the following to help you assess whether you should move forward with starting a business:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Fullerton. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- We recommend reading Why Small Businesses Fail. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Get feedback from somebody whom you trust. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
Fullerton, California Demographic Information
Fullerton has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Fullerton demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Fullerton.
As a new Fullerton entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Fullerton for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
What About Franchising Opportunities?
As you drive around Fullerton, it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. But is franchising the right option for you?
We highly recommend you look into purchasing a franchise. We have many articles on franchises, such as Detecting Franchising Scams. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Representative franchise opportunities include Andy's Parties and Signs Now Corporation. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Apparel Franchises and Interior Environment Franchises.
Note on Fullerton Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Fullerton, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Choosing a Business Name
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Company names need to be easy to spell, easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Business.
As a final piece of advice, remember that because you are starting a business in Fullerton, it's critical that you ensure that no other California company is using the business name you want to use.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
A business plan is critical to the health of your new business. In effect, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Starting a business without a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Raising Funding for Your Business
Getting your Fullerton business the capital it needs to succeed is very difficult due to the ongoing business credit crunch. Bootstrapping, which means growing the business without outside funding, is the best alternative, but that's not a viable option for many startup plans.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as 504 Loans.
Marketing Your New Business
To grow your Fullerton business, you need a great marketing plan.
You can learn plenty about marketing on our site. When to Get a Toll Free Number is an article that will generate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
As an entrepreneur in Fullerton, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Fullerton and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Fullerton, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Fullerton, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Fullerton.
- Resources for Fullerton, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Fullerton entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for California Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs