Texas Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Graford, Texas
Thinking about starting a business in Graford, Texas? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Graford.
Graford, Texas Demographic Information
Graford has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Graford demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Graford.
As a new Graford entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Graford for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
What About Franchising Opportunities?
As you drive around Graford, you'll conclude that many business owners have opted to buy a franchise, rather than starting a business on their own. Should you be giving franchising serious consideration?
We advise the entrepreneurs we work with to consider franchising as an option. This site has dozens of articles on franchising, such as Before Buying a Franchise. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Graford Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Graford.
Naming the Company
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Company names should be fun to say, and they should help people to understand what you do and how you differentiate yourself in the market.
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Naming a Company.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are starting a business in Graford, it's very important that you make sure no other Texas company is using the business name you want to use.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
A business plan is critical in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Simply put, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Failure to write a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Raising Capital for Your Venture
Getting your Graford business the capital it needs to succeed requires strong organization skills and perseverance. The reality is that there is very little funding available for new small businesses, and you have to explore every possible alternative.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as 504 Loans.
Promoting Your New Startup
Whether your goal is to attract Graford customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a solid marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Advertising on the Web is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
How to Improve Your Entrepreneurial Abilities
Good business owners recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
Given that you are starting a business in Graford, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local Texas educational institutions. It's also wise to see if there are any Graford networking organizations.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Graford. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Graford and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Graford, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Graford.
- Resources for Graford, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Graford entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs