Texas Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Graham, Texas
Contemplating starting a business in Graham, Texas? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Graham.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Most new businesses do not succeed, in part because the entrepreneur did not have the perseverance and abilities that are necessary to succeed. So, before jumping into the world of entrepreneurship, consider all of the implications of being an entrepreneur.
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Graham. Get their candid feedback on what it takes to start a successful business.
- We recommend reading Why Small Businesses Fail. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Get feedback from somebody whom you trust. A support network of family and friends can be a great sounding board for good advice before you decide for sure to go into business.
What Business to Start
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. To help you decide on a business type, we encourage you to read Finding Your Niche in Life.
For step-by-step instructions on starting a variety of business types, visit the Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our How to Start a Party Decorations Retail Business guide or our Opening a Word Processing Equipment Maintenance Business guide.
Remember that your new startup will be located in Graham. Some businesses will do better in Graham than others. Make sure you fully understand Graham demographics before you lock in on your business idea.
Graham, Texas Demographic Information
Graham has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Graham demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Graham.
As a new Graham entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Graham for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
As you drive around Graham, you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our recommendation is that you investigate buying a franchise. We have many articles on franchises, such as Protecting Your Franchise Territory. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
You can review hundreds of franchise opportunities by browing our Franchise Directory.
Note on Graham Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Graham.
The Role of the Business Plan
A business plan is critical in laying a solid foundation for your business success. Simply put, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Starting a business without a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
If you want more information on writing business plans, we recommend reading Business Plan Contests. A great resource for business planning assistance is the free business counselors available to you through your local SCORE chapter in Texas.
Marketing Your New Business
Whether your goal is to attract Graham customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a excellent marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Elevator Advertising discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Now It's Up To You
Most new Graham businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Graham and elsewhere to achieve real success. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Graham entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Graham, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Graham.
- Resources for Graham, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Graham entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for Texas Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs