Texas Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Granbury, Texas
Are you starting a business in Granbury, Texas? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Granbury.
Are You Sure You Want to Do This?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, assess your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Grab a meal or cofee with other entrepreneurs in Granbury. Ask them candidly what it's like to run a business.
- Take a look at The Entrepreneurial Personality. It's a short article but it's a good reality check for those are about to jump into the world of entrepreneurship.
- Reach out to a trusted acquaintance. The people who know you best are often in the best position to tell you bluntly whether you will be a good entrepreneur.
Granbury, Texas Demographic Information
Granbury has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Granbury demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Granbury.
As a new Granbury entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Granbury for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
As you drive around Granbury, you'll conclude that many business owners have opted to buy a franchise, rather than starting a business on their own. Evidently, there must be some significant advantages to purchasing a franchise.
We advise the entrepreneurs we work with to consider franchising as an option. On our site, you can read many articles about franchising, such as Franchise Marketing Support. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
You can review hundreds of franchise opportunities by browing our Franchise Directory.
Note on Granbury Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Granbury.
Forming a Company in Granbury, Texas
It's very important that you form your business as a legal structure. Doing so will separate you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very popular way to form a business. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. If you are starting a business in Texas, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in Texas. As it turns out, you can incorporate wherever you want. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. To learn the fundamentals of company formation, browse articles on our site, such as Piercing the Corporate Veil. You may also want to seek the advice of an attorney. Finally, if you are starting a business in Granbury, Texas, our information on Incorporating in Texas may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Texas.
Make Sure You Have a Business Plan
A business plan is essential in maximizing the prospects of your new company. In effect, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Starting a business without a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Learning More About Entrepreneurship
Good business owners recognize that they need to continually improve.
With your business being located in Granbury, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby Texas universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any Granbury networking organizations.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Granbury. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Granbury businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Granbury entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Granbury, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Granbury.
- Resources for Granbury, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Granbury entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs