California Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Marysville, California
Thinking about starting a business in Marysville, California? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Marysville.
Marysville, California Demographic Information
Marysville has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Marysville demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Marysville.
As a new Marysville entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Marysville for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
As you drive around Marysville, you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our recommendation is that you consider franchising as an option. This site has dozens of articles on franchising, such as Questions to Ask Franchisors. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Cafe Fondue Franchise Systems Inc. and First Choice Haircutters. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Children's Franchises and Pest Control Franchises.
Note on Marysville Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Marysville.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Marysville Business?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Marysville.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Buying a Business.
Forming a Company in Marysville, California
It's very important that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Doing so will shield you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership or other structure.
Incorporation is a very popular way to form a business. A key decision is whether to form and S-Corp or a C-Corp, and you also must decide in which state you will incorporate. If you are starting a business in California, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in California. In fact, you can incorporate in any state you would like to. For example, it's very popular to incorporate in Delaware, and incorporating in Nevada has become very trendy as well. Don't forget, though, that you will have to register as a foreign entity in all states that you do business in.
There are many nuances to forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as Incorporating Online. You may also want to seek the advice of an lawyer. Finally, if you are starting a business in Marysville, California, our information on Incorporating in California may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in California.
Getting the Word Out About Your New Startup
Whether your goal is to attract Marysville customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a excellent marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Advertising on Buses discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
How to Sell
Mastering the art of selling is essential if you want your new Marysville business to do well.
Why should customers buy from you instead of buying from competitors? Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Now It's Up To You
Most new Marysville businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
We are here to help Marysville businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Marysville entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Marysville, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Marysville.
- Resources for Marysville, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Marysville entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs