Texas Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in McCamey, Texas
Thinking about starting a business in McCamey, Texas? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in McCamey.
Should You Franchise?
As you drive around McCamey, it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. Is it perhaps smarter to franchise a business instead of doing it from scratch.
Our advice is to look into purchasing a franchise. We have many articles on franchises, such as Selling A Franchise. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Representative franchise opportunities include Sunbrook Academy and Epcon Communities. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Telecommunications Franchises and IT Training Franchises.
Note on McCamey Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in McCamey.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing McCamey Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you might discover several good businesses for sale in McCamey.
Before buying a business, be sure to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Forming a Company in McCamey, Texas
It's essential that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Without a legal structure for the business, you can be held personally liable for the actions, debts and obligations of your company.
When forming a company, you will decide among many company types, such as a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very popular way to form a business. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. If you are starting a business in Texas, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in Texas. In fact, you can incorporate in the state of your choosing. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. To learn the fundamentals of company formation, browse articles on our site, such as Why Incorporate in Delaware. You may also want to seek the advice of an attorney. On a final note, since you will be starting a business in McCamey, Texas, our web page covering Incorporating in Texas may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Texas.
Getting Money to Start a Business
Obtaining startup financing for your McCamey business is very difficult due to the ongoing business credit crunch. If you don't have a rich uncle to fund you, you'll need to be creative in how you approach your fundraising efforts.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Angel Investors.
The Art of Selling
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new McCamey business, you need to focus on sales.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Learning More About Entrepreneurship
Good business owners recognize that they need to continually improve.
With your business being located in McCamey, Texas, you should check out some of the many programs available at nearby Texas universities, colleges and community colleges. Another way to keep up on your entrepreneurial education is to investigate McCamey networking organizations.
Never Give Up
As an entrepreneur in McCamey, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
We are here to help McCamey businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new McCamey entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in McCamey, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in McCamey.
- Resources for McCamey, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist McCamey entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs