California Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Monterey Park, California
Need help starting a business in Monterey Park, California? We've got the information you need to open a business in Monterey Park.
Monterey Park, California Demographic Information
Monterey Park has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Monterey Park demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Monterey Park.
As a new Monterey Park entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Monterey Park for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
As you drive around Monterey Park, you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Questions to Ask Franchisors. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Window Genie and Carlson Wagonlit Travel Associates, Inc.. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Security Franchises and Coffee Shop Franchises.
Note on Monterey Park Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Monterey Park.
Selecting a Name For Your Venture
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Before you decide on a company name, run it by some prospective customers and see what they think. If they don't like it, it's probably a good idea to go back to the drawing board.
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Naming a Business.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are opening a business in Monterey Park, it's imperative that you check now that no other California company is using the business name you want to use.
Promoting Your New Business
To grow your Monterey Park business, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Local Search discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
The Art of Selling
Mastering the art of selling is priority one if you want your new Monterey Park business to do well.
The key to selling is to set sales goals goals and monitor your progress towards those goals. Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Increase Your Entrepreneurial Knowledge
Good business owners know that they don't know everything.
With your business being located in Monterey Park, California, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby California universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also smart to see if there are any Monterey Park networking organizations.
Never Give Up
Most new Monterey Park businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Monterey Park and throughout the United States . We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Monterey Park entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Monterey Park, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Monterey Park.
- Resources for Monterey Park, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Monterey Park entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs