California Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Newport Beach, California
Thinking about starting a business in Newport Beach, California? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Newport Beach.
Do You Have Entrepreneurial Drive and Passion?
Running your own business is hard work, much harder than working as an employee. Are you sure you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Newport Beach. Get their candid feedback on what it takes to start a successful business.
- We recommend reading Why Small Businesses Fail. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Get feedback from somebody whom you trust. A support network of family and friends can be a great sounding board for good advice before you decide for sure to go into business.
Newport Beach, California Demographic Information
Newport Beach has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Newport Beach demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Newport Beach.
As a new Newport Beach entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Newport Beach for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
What About Buying an Existing Newport Beach Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Newport Beach.
Before buying a business, be sure to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Finding the funds to fuel the growth of your Newport Beach business requires strong organization skills and perseverance. The reality is that there is very little funding available for new small businesses, and you have to explore every possible alternative.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled 504 Loans.
Marketing Your New Venture
Whether your goal is to attract Newport Beach customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Dealing with Angry Customers is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Learning More About Entrepreneurship
The best entrepreneurs recognize that they need to continually improve.
Given that you are starting a business in Newport Beach, California, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby California universities, colleges and community colleges. We also suggest you look into networking organizations for Newport Beach entrepreneurs.
Some Interesting Newport Beach Entrepreneurs
We're compiling a number of interviews with Newport Beach entrepreneurs. Enjoy!
Now It's Up To You
As an entrepreneur in Newport Beach, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Newport Beach businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Newport Beach entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Newport Beach, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Newport Beach.
- Resources for Newport Beach, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Newport Beach entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs