California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Northridge, California
Contemplating starting a business in Northridge, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Northridge.
Northridge, California Demographic Information
Northridge has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Northridge demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Northridge.
As a new Northridge entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Northridge for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is Franchising a Better Option?
Visit the business district of Northridge and you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. Is there a franchise opportunity out there that makes sense for you?
We advise the entrepreneurs we work with to look into purchasing a franchise. This site has dozens of articles on franchising, such as Detecting Franchising Scams. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Northridge Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Northridge.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Northridge Business?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Northridge.
If you are headed down the path of buying a business, you may want to read this article: Hold Harmless Agreements When Buying Businesses.
Make Sure You Have a Business Plan
Having a business plan is critical in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Simply put, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Starting a business without a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
Before you start writing a business plan, we suggest you skim Business Plan Mistakes. A great resource for business planning assistance is the free business counselors available to you through your local SCORE chapter in California.
Mastering the art of selling is a must if you want your new Northridge business to do well.
Not knowing how to sell can result in lost customers and minimal market share. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Advancing Your Entrepreneurial Skills
Good business owners know that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
As an entrepreneur who lives in Northridge, California, you should get information on some of the many programs available at nearby California universities, colleges and community colleges. You should also check if there are any networking groups or organizations in which Northridge entrepreneurs get together to network and trade their business experiences.
Most new Northridge businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Northridge and throughout the United States . We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Northridge entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Northridge, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Northridge.
- Resources for Northridge, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Northridge entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs