Texas Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Paris, Texas
Thinking about starting a business in Paris, Texas? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Paris.
Paris, Texas Demographic Information
Paris has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Paris demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Paris.
As a new Paris entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Paris for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Should You Franchise?
Examine a list of Paris businesses and you'll notice that many local entrepreneurs have gone the franchising route. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Franchise Marketing Support. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include The Sports Section, Inc. and Lenny's Sub Shop. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Home Décor Franchises and Mexican Restaurant Franchises.
Note on Paris Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Paris, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Paris Business?
We've created a handy website page for those who want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you can review several good businesses for sale in Paris.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Buying a Business.
Naming the Business
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Company names need to be easy to spell, easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Naming a Company.
On a final note, given that you are starting a business in Paris, it's very important that you make sure you will be the only Texas company using the business name you have chosen.
Letting the World Know You Exist
To rise above the crowd in Paris and build your business, you need a solid marketing plan.
We have some excellent resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Seven Marketing Ideas for Your Small Business is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
How to Improve Your Entrepreneurial Abilities
The best entrepreneurs recognize that they need to continually improve.
Given that you are starting a business in Paris, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby Texas universities, colleges and community colleges. We also recommend you look into networking organizations for Paris entrepreneurs.
Never Give Up
You have a dream -- starting a business in Paris. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Paris and throughout the United States . We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Paris, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Paris.
- Resources for Paris, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Paris entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs