Texas Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Pasadena, Texas
Are you starting a business in Pasadena, Texas? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Pasadena.
Are You Sure You Want to Do This?
Running your own business is difficult, much more challenging than working as an employee. Are you sure you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Pasadena. Ask them candidly what it's like to run a business.
- We recommend reading Should You Become an Entrepreneur?. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Have a candid conversation with friends and family. The people who know you best are often in the best position to tell you bluntly whether you will be a good entrepreneur.
What Type of Business Should You Start?
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. To stir your creative juices on what kind of business to start, take a look at Free Business Ideas.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Opening an Industrial Equipment Rental & Leasing Business guide or our Starting a Lawn & Garden Sprinklers Wholesale & Manufacturers Business guide.
Always keep in mind that starting a business in Pasadena has some implications. Some businesses will do better in Pasadena than others. A critical consideration is whether Pasadena demographics mesh well with your startup concept.
Pasadena, Texas Demographic Information
Pasadena has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Pasadena demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Pasadena.
As a new Pasadena entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Pasadena for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
As you drive around Pasadena, you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Franchising My Business. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Regent International Hotels and Bath Fitter. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Specialty Foods Franchises and Family Restaurant Franchises.
Note on Pasadena Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Pasadena.
Make Sure You Have a Business Plan
A business plan is vital in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Indeed, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Not having a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Marketing Your New Business
To grow your Pasadena business, you need a great marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Avoiding Bad Product Launches is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
As an entrepreneur in Pasadena, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
We are here to help Pasadena businesses to be successful. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Pasadena, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Pasadena, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Pasadena.
- Resources for Pasadena, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Pasadena entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs