California Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Quincy, California
Need help starting a business in Quincy, California? We've got the information you need to open a business in Quincy.
Quincy, California Demographic Information
Quincy has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Quincy demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Quincy.
As a new Quincy entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Quincy for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Naming the Business
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
We strongly advocate that you make sure the ".com" domain name is available for your company name. Every business needs a strong Web presence these days, and having a non ".com" domain means somebody else may outrank you in the search results for your own company name.
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Business.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are planning on starting a business in Quincy, it's critical that you ensure that your company name has not already been claimed by another California business.
The Role of the Business Plan
Having a business plan is critical in laying a solid foundation for your business success. In effect, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Failure to write a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Raising money to fund your new Quincy business will be harder than you might expect. If you don't have a rich uncle to fund you, you'll need to be creative in how you approach your fundraising efforts.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled Borrowing Money from Friends and Family.
Marketing Your New Venture
Whether your goal is to attract Quincy customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Newspaper Advertising Costs is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
The Art of Selling
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Quincy business, you need to focus on sales.
Clever sales techniques can transform any business from good to great. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Increase Your Entrepreneurial Knowledge
Good entrepreneurs recognize that they need to continually improve.
Given that you are starting a business in Quincy, California, you should check out some of the many programs available at nearby California universities, colleges and community colleges. You should also check if there are any networking groups or organizations in which Quincy entrepreneurs get together to network and trade their business experiences.
As an entrepreneur in Quincy, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Quincy businesses to be successful. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Quincy, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Quincy, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Quincy.
- Resources for Quincy, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Quincy entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for California Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs