Arizona Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Show Low, Arizona
Contemplating starting a business in Show Low, Arizona? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Show Low.
Is Becoming an Entrepreneur Right for You?
Most startup ventures fail, in part because the business owner did not have the tenacity and/or the skills to succeed. So, before you start your business, consider all of the implications of being an entrepreneur.
Because entrepreneurship is not for everyone, we recommend you do the following to help you assess whether you should move forward with starting a business:
- Grab a meal or cofee with other entrepreneurs in Show Low. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- Take a look at Business Failure. It's a short article but it's a good reality check for those are about to jump into the world of entrepreneurship.
- Involve a spouse, family member or trusted friend in the decision. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
Show Low, Arizona Demographic Information
Show Low has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Show Low demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Show Low.
As a new Show Low entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Show Low for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Picking a Company Name
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
Company names need to be easy to spell, easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Naming a Company.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are planning on starting a business in Show Low, it's imperative that you check now that your company name has not already been claimed by another Arizona business.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Raising money to fund your new Show Low business is a difficult chore. To obtain business financing, you will need to hear a lot of rejections before you finally find a funding solution that works for you.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled Microlending as a Small Business Funding Source.
Promoting Your New Company
To grow your Show Low business, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Elevator Advertising discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
The Art of Selling
Mastering the art of selling is a must if you want your new Show Low business to do well.
Clever sales techniques can transform any business from good to great. Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Most new Show Low businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Show Low businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Show Low entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Show Low, Arizona
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Show Low.
- Resources for Show Low, Arizona Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Show Low entrepreneurs.
- Arizona Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Arizona.
- Arizona Small Business Development Center - Arizona’s Small Business Development Center Network is an innovative partnership between the state’s ten community college districts and the U.S. Small Business Administration. The network is the largest and most accessible source of assistance to Arizona businesses with fewer than 200 employees.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Arizona
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs