Texas Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Weslaco, Texas
Are you starting a business in Weslaco, Texas? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Weslaco.
Weslaco, Texas Demographic Information
Weslaco has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Weslaco demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Weslaco.
As a new Weslaco entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Weslaco for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Should You Franchise?
As you drive around Weslaco, you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. But is franchising the right option for you?
We highly recommend you consider franchising as an option. To help you learn more about franchising, we've gathered a ton of articles on franchising, including Franchise Due Diligence. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
You can review hundreds of franchise opportunities by browing our Franchise Directory.
Note on Weslaco Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Weslaco.
What About Buying an Existing Weslaco Business?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Weslaco.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: How to Buy a Business.
Naming the Business
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Target, Microsoft and Intuit all have strong company names that are easy to remember and have become well-loved brands. Wouldn't it be nice if your new company name got on a similar track?
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Naming a Company.
On a final note, given that you are opening a business in Weslaco, it's critical that you ensure that no Texas company has already registered the company name you have selected.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
A business plan is critical in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Simply put, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Not having a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Promoting Your New Company
Whether your goal is to attract Weslaco customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Facebook Advertising is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Now It's Up To You
As an entrepreneur in Weslaco, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
We are here to help Weslaco businesses to be successful. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Weslaco, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Weslaco.
- Resources for Weslaco, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Weslaco entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs