California Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Whittier, California
Need help starting a business in Whittier, California? We've got the information you need to open a business in Whittier.
Whittier, California Demographic Information
Whittier has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Whittier demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Whittier.
As a new Whittier entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Whittier for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Whittier Business?
We've created a useful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Whittier.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Buying a Business.
Startup Financing Basics
Obtaining startup financing for your Whittier business is not an easy task. Bootstrapping, which means growing the business without outside funding, is the best alternative, but that's not a viable option for many startup plans.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as Angel Investors.
Promoting Your New Company
Whether your goal is to attract Whittier customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Making the Most of Trade Shows is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Building Up Your Sales
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Whittier or are selling to customers throughout California, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Why should customers buy from you instead of buying from competitors? Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Increase Your Entrepreneurial Knowledge
Good entrepreneurs recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
Given that you are starting a business in Whittier, California, you should investigate some of the learning programs at local California educational institutions. Another way to keep up on your entrepreneurial education is to investigate Whittier networking organizations.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Whittier. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Whittier and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Whittier, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Whittier, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Whittier.
- Resources for Whittier, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Whittier entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs