Arizona Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Flagstaff, Arizona
Need help starting a business in Flagstaff, Arizona? We've got the information you need to open a business in Flagstaff.
Will You Be a Successful Entrepreneur?
Running your own business is demanding, much harder than working as an employee. Are you positive you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
Before you move forward with starting a business, be sure to do these three things:
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Flagstaff. They are usually very willing to share their insights on the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.
- You should read The Entrepreneurial Personality. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Reach out to a trusted acquaintance. Others sometimes know you better than you know yourself.
Flagstaff, Arizona Demographic Information
Flagstaff has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Flagstaff demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Flagstaff.
As a new Flagstaff entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Flagstaff for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is Franchising a Better Option?
As you drive around Flagstaff, you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. Is there a franchise opportunity out there that makes sense for you?
Our recommendation is that you consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as How Franchises Work. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Flagstaff Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Flagstaff.
Startup Financing Basics
Raising money to fund your new Flagstaff business is not an easy task. Bootstrapping, which means growing the business without outside funding, is the best alternative, but that's not a viable option for many startup plans.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled Business Incubators.
Letting the World Know You Exist
To grow your Flagstaff business, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
We have some useful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Pricing and Positioning is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Advancing Your Entrepreneurial Skills
Good entrepreneurs recognize that they need to continually improve.
Given that you are starting a business in Flagstaff, Arizona, you should check out some of the learning programs at local Arizona educational institutions. You should also check if there are any networking organizations for Flagstaff entrepreneurs.
As an entrepreneur in Flagstaff, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Flagstaff businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Flagstaff entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Flagstaff, Arizona
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Flagstaff.
- Resources for Flagstaff, Arizona Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Flagstaff entrepreneurs.
- Arizona Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Arizona.
- Arizona Small Business Development Center - Arizona’s Small Business Development Center Network is an innovative partnership between the state’s ten community college districts and the U.S. Small Business Administration. The network is the largest and most accessible source of assistance to Arizona businesses with fewer than 200 employees.
More Startup Articles for Arizona Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs