California Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Foster City, California
Are you starting a business in Foster City, California? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Foster City.
What Business Are You Starting?
Choosing a business that is right for you is very important. To stir your creative juices on what kind of business to start, take a look at How to Evaluate a Business Idea.
For step-by-step instructions on starting a variety of business types, visit the Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Opening an Embroidery & Needlework Materials & Supplies Wholesale & Manufacturers Business guide or our How to Start a Loading Dock Equipment Dealers Business guide.
Don't forget that your new startup will be located in Foster City. Some businesses will do better in Foster City than others. Study Foster City demographics and do a competitive analysis as part of your startup planning process.
Is Franchising a Better Option?
Browse the Yellow Pages for Foster City and it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Franchise Law. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
You can review hundreds of franchise opportunities by browing our Franchise Directory.
Note on Foster City Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Foster City.
What About Buying an Existing Foster City Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Foster City.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: How to Buy a Business.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
Writing a business plan is vital in laying a solid foundation for your business success. Indeed, your business plan is your game plan for how you hope to grow your business. Failure to write a business plan will greatly reduce your chances of business success.
Marketing Your New Venture
Whether your goal is to attract Foster City customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Sponsoring Local Events is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Foster City business, you need to focus on sales.
Clever sales techniques can transform any business from good to great. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
As an entrepreneur in Foster City, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
We are here to help Foster City businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Foster City entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Foster City, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Foster City.
- Resources for Foster City, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Foster City entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs