California Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Huntington Park, California
Are you starting a business in Huntington Park, California? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Huntington Park.
Huntington Park, California Demographic Information
Huntington Park has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Huntington Park demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Huntington Park.
As a new Huntington Park entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Huntington Park for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
Visit the business district of Huntington Park and it becomes clear that purchasing a franchise is a common way to get started as an entrepreneur. Evidently, there must be some significant advantages to purchasing a franchise.
We advise the entrepreneurs we work with to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Franchise Law. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
You can find franchise opportunities by browsing our Franchise Opportunities Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Johnny Bruscos Pizza and Bonus Building Care. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Blind Repair and Sales Franchises and Family Restaurant Franchises.
Note on Huntington Park Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Huntington Park.
Naming the Business
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Pick a company name that isn't too generic. If you do a search engine search for your proposed name and a billion results come up, you may want to reconsider the name. It's much easier to come up in the search engines when your name is fairly unique.
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Naming a Company.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are starting a business in Huntington Park, it's imperative that you check now that no other California company is using the business name you want to use.
Forming a Company in Huntington Park, California
It's very important that you form your business as a legal structure. Doing so will shield you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very common way to legally create a business entity. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. If you are starting a business in California, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in California. As it turns out, you can incorporate in the state of your choosing. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. To learn the basics of company formation, browse articles on our site, such as Avoiding Personal Liability in Business. You may also want to seek the advice of an lawyer. Finally, if you are starting a business in Huntington Park, California, our information on Incorporating in California may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in California.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Getting your Huntington Park business the capital it needs to succeed will be harder than you might expect. If you don't have a rich uncle to fund you, you'll need to be creative in how you approach your fundraising efforts.
The good news is this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled 504 Loans.
Letting the World Know You Exist
Whether your goal is to attract Huntington Park customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a excellent marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Business Logo Design discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Building Up Your Sales
Mastering the art of selling is priority one if you want your new Huntington Park business to do well.
Not knowing how to sell can result in lost customers and minimal market share. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Never Give Up
Most new Huntington Park businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Huntington Park and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Huntington Park, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Huntington Park.
- Resources for Huntington Park, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Huntington Park entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for California Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs