California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Inglewood, California
Contemplating starting a business in Inglewood, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Inglewood.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Running your own business is difficult, and can be orders of magnitude more strenuous than working as an employee. Are you certain you want to start a business?
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Grab a meal or cofee with other entrepreneurs in Inglewood. Get their candid feedback on what it takes to start a successful business.
- Take a look at Starting a Company. It's a short article but it's a good reality check for those are about to jump into the world of entrepreneurship.
- Talk it over with a close friend or partner. A support network of family and friends can be a great sounding board for good advice before you decide for sure to go into business.
Inglewood, California Demographic Information
Inglewood has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Inglewood demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Inglewood.
As a new Inglewood entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Inglewood for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is Franchising a Better Option?
Visit the business district of Inglewood and it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. Evidently, there must be some significant advantages to purchasing a franchise.
We advise the entrepreneurs we work with to look into purchasing a franchise. To help you learn more about franchising, we've gathered a ton of articles on franchising, including The Franchising Process. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
You can review hundreds of franchise opportunities by browing our Franchise Directory.
Note on Inglewood Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Inglewood.
What About Buying an Existing Inglewood Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you can assess several good businesses for sale in Inglewood.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Buying a Business.
Marketing Your New Startup
To grow your Inglewood business, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your doing well.
You can learn all about marketing on our site. Promoting an Online Business is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Inglewood business, you need to focus on sales.
Why should customers buy from you instead of buying from competitors? Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Now It's Up To You
As an entrepreneur in Inglewood, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
We are here to help Inglewood businesses to be successful. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Inglewood, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Inglewood, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Inglewood.
- Resources for Inglewood, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Inglewood entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for California Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs