California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Rancho Cordova, California
Contemplating starting a business in Rancho Cordova, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Rancho Cordova.
What Business Are You Starting?
Choosing a business that is right for you is very important. To help you decide on a business type, we encourage you to read Free Business Ideas.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Starting an Industrial Vacuum Cleaning Business guide or our Starting a Metal Findings Business guide.
Remember that you are starting a business in Rancho Cordova. Some businesses will do better in Rancho Cordova than others. Don't forget to review Rancho Cordova demographics to see if there's a market for what you want to sell.
Rancho Cordova, California Demographic Information
Rancho Cordova has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Rancho Cordova demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Rancho Cordova.
As a new Rancho Cordova entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Rancho Cordova for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Should You Franchise?
Examine a list of Rancho Cordova businesses and you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. But is franchising the right option for you?
We advise the entrepreneurs we work with to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Staffing a Franchise. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Manufacturing Management Associates and Matco Tools. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Children's Franchises and Kitchen Design Franchises.
Note on Rancho Cordova Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Rancho Cordova.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Rancho Cordova Business?
We've created a useful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you might discover several good businesses for sale in Rancho Cordova.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: How to Buy a Business.
Company Formation in Rancho Cordova, California
It's essential that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Doing so will separate you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very common way to legally create a business entity. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. Just because you are starting a business in California, you don't necessarily have to incorporate in California. In fact, you can incorporate wherever you want. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There's a lot to know about forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as C Corp Versus S Corp. You may also want to seek the advice of an attorney. Finally, if you are starting a business in Rancho Cordova, California, our information on Incorporating in California may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in California.
Marketing Your New Business
Whether your goal is to attract Rancho Cordova customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. When to Get a Toll Free Number discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Bring in Revenues
Mastering the art of selling is priority one if you want your new Rancho Cordova business to do well.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Now It's Up To You
Most new Rancho Cordova businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Rancho Cordova and elsewhere to achieve real success. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Rancho Cordova entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Rancho Cordova, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Rancho Cordova.
- Resources for Rancho Cordova, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Rancho Cordova entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs