California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Ridgecrest, California
Contemplating starting a business in Ridgecrest, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Ridgecrest.
Will You Be a Good Entrepreneur?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, take inventory of your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Before you move forward with starting a business, be sure to do these three things:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Ridgecrest. They are usually very willing to share their insights on the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.
- We recommend reading Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Seek the advice of somebody who knows you well. Others sometimes know you better than you know yourself.
Ridgecrest, California Demographic Information
Ridgecrest has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Ridgecrest demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Ridgecrest.
As a new Ridgecrest entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Ridgecrest for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
What About Franchising Opportunities?
As you drive around Ridgecrest, you'll conclude that many business owners have opted to buy a franchise, rather than starting a business on their own. But is franchising the right option for you?
We highly recommend you investigate buying a franchise. We have many articles on franchises, such as How to Get More Franchisees. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Fuzziwig's Candy Factory and Glass Doctor. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Cleaning and Maintenance Franchises and Personal Services Franchises.
Note on Ridgecrest Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Ridgecrest.
Naming the Company
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Company names need to be easy to spell, easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Business.
As a final piece of advice, remember that because you are opening a business in Ridgecrest, it's very important that you make sure no other California company is using the business name you want to use.
Raising Funding for Your Startup
Getting your Ridgecrest business the capital it needs to succeed is a difficult chore. The reality is that there is very little funding available for new small businesses, and you have to explore every possible alternative.
Take advantage of our many articles on securing funding, such as Getting a Small Business Loan.
Marketing Your New Startup
To grow your Ridgecrest business, you need a solid marketing plan.
You can learn plenty about marketing on our site. Advertising on Buses is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Bring in Revenues
Being able to sell is a key enabler to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Ridgecrest or are selling to customers throughout California, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Not knowing how to sell can result in lost customers and minimal market share. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Ridgecrest. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
We are here to help Ridgecrest businesses to be successful. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Ridgecrest, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Ridgecrest.
- Resources for Ridgecrest, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Ridgecrest entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs