Pennsylvania Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
Are you starting a business in Warrendale, Pennsylvania? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Warrendale.
Are You Ready for Life as an Owner?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, take inventory of your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Because entrepreneurship is not for everyone, we recommend you do the following to help you assess whether you should move forward with starting a business:
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Warrendale. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- You should read Business Failure. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Involve a spouse, family member or trusted friend in the decision. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
What Business Are You Starting?
Choosing a business that is right for you is very important. You might get some good ideas about what kind of business to start by reading Business Ideas That Don't Make Sense.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Starting a Dance Club guide or our Starting a Tatoo Parlor guide.
Remember that you are starting a business in Warrendale. Some businesses will do better in Warrendale than others. Make sure you fully understand Warrendale demographics before you lock in on your business idea.
Warrendale, Pennsylvania Demographic Information
Warrendale has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Warrendale demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Warrendale.
As a new Warrendale entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Warrendale for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Selecting a Name For Your Venture
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Target, Microsoft and Intuit all have strong company names that are easy to remember and have become well-loved brands. Wouldn't it be nice if your new company name got on a similar track?
Numerous company naming issues are discussed in more detail in this article: Naming a Business.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are opening a business in Warrendale, it's very important that you make sure no other Pennsylvania company is using the business name you want to use.
Marketing Your New Company
Whether your goal is to attract Warrendale customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Billboard Advertising Costs is a good read to get your marketing thoughts flowing. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Building Up Your Sales
Being able to sell is fundamental to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Warrendale or are selling to customers throughout Pennsylvania, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Never Give Up
You have a dream -- starting a business in Warrendale. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Warrendale and throughout the United States . We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Warrendale entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Warrendale.
- Resources for Warrendale, Pennsylvania Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Warrendale entrepreneurs.
- Pennsylvania Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Small Business Development Center - Pennsylvania SBDCs help aspiring entrepreneurs turn ideas into businesses, help small firms expand, and provide the information every business person needs to make critical decisions. There is no charge for their assistance and their free help can make the difference between business success and failure.
More Business Startup Guides for Pennsylvania
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs