Texas Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Winters, Texas
Are you starting a business in Winters, Texas? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Winters.
Winters, Texas Demographic Information
Winters has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Winters demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Winters.
As a new Winters entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Winters for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Naming the Company
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Target, Microsoft and Intuit all have strong company names that are easy to remember and have become well-loved brands. Wouldn't it be nice if your new company name got on a similar track?
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Naming a Company.
On a final note, given that you are planning on starting a business in Winters, it's imperative that you check now that your company name has not already been claimed by another Texas business.
Forming a Company in Winters, Texas
It's essential that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Without a legal structure for the business, you can be held personally liable for the actions, debts and obligations of your company.
When forming a company, you will decide among many company types, such as a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very popular way to form a business. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. If you are starting a business in Texas, it doesn't mean you are required to incorporate in Texas. In fact, you can incorporate wherever you want. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as Incorporating Online. You may also want to seek the advice of an lawyer. On a final note, since you will be starting a business in Winters, Texas, our web page covering Incorporating in Texas may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Texas.
Raising Funding for Your Business
Raising money to fund your new Winters business is a difficult chore. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as Angel Investors.
Marketing Your New Business
To grow your Winters business, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your successs.
We have some great resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Pros and Cons of Advertising discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
The Art of Selling
Mastering the art of selling is a must if you want your new Winters business to do well.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Most new Winters businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Winters businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Winters entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Winters, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Winters.
- Resources for Winters, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Winters entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs