Wyoming Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Lander, Wyoming
Thinking about starting a business in Lander, Wyoming? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Lander.
Are You Sure You Want to Do This?
Before you get too far along in the process, take inventory of your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
With so much at stake when you start a business, we strongly recommend you do the following before you proceed:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Lander. Ask them candidly what it's like to run a business.
- We recommend reading Why Small Businesses Fail. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Get feedback from somebody whom you trust. The people who know you best are often in the best position to tell you bluntly whether you will be a good entrepreneur.
What Type of Business Should You Start?
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. To stir your creative juices on what kind of business to start, take a look at Free Business Ideas.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our How to Start a Letterhead & Envelope Printing Business guide or our Opening a Pins Business guide.
Remember that you are starting a business in Lander. Some businesses will do better in Lander than others. Make sure you fully understand Lander demographics before you lock in on your business idea.
Lander, Wyoming Demographic Information
Lander has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Lander demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Lander.
As a new Lander entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Lander for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
Examine a list of Lander businesses and you'll notice that many local entrepreneurs have gone the franchising route. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Franchise Versus Business Opportunity. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Lander Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Lander.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Obtaining startup financing for your Lander business is very difficult due to the ongoing business credit crunch. To obtain business financing, you will need to hear a lot of rejections before you finally find a funding solution that works for you.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Choosing VC Firms.
Building Up Your Sales
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Lander or are selling to customers throughout Wyoming, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. The good news is we can help you to make selling a big competitve advantage for your new firm.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Lander. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Lander and elsewhere to achieve real success. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Lander, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Lander, Wyoming
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Lander.
- Resources for Lander, Wyoming Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Lander entrepreneurs.
- Wyoming Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Wyoming.
- Wyoming Small Business Development Center - The Wyoming Small Business Development Center provides free and confidential consulting services to individual businesses, offers various products online of specific use to various businesses, sponsors affordable educational programs targeted at the small business community, and maintains links with various business resources throughout Wyoming and the nation.
More Startup Articles for Wyoming Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs