Nidhi Ann Raj is a gifted writer who is currently pursuing post-graduate studies at George Brown College in Toronto Canada, where she is specializing in Marketing and Finance.
Articles written by Nidhi Ann Raj
With a strong interest in the financial industry and a passion for market research, Nidhi enjoys writing about many areas of business.
- Bad Management Decisions - Decisions maybe bad or good depending on how well they help to achieve your goal. But there are some things to keep in mind and to avoid while making a sound decision.
- Banking Deregulation's Effects on Entrepreneurship - Banking deregulation in the US has helped the entry of start ups to a large extent. Banks are now more than eager to provide loans and other forms of capital to encourage entrepreneurial activity.
- Brand Evaluation Metrics - Before any major brand management decisions are made, the brand should be valuated against a set of parameters to find out its current position in the minds of consumers.
- Challenges In Starting a Dotcom Company - Starting a dotcom company may seem a lot easier than setting up an offline store. But there can still be a lot of unforeseen challenges to it.
- Choosing the Right Business Partner - Statistically speaking, businesses started by partners do better than businesses started by individuals. Choosing the right business partner, however, can be quite a challenge.
- Conflict Resolution - Conflicts are constructive if they do not happen due to personal ego clashes or fierce competition. Proper communication and a fair discussion to understand and solve the underlying issue can solve conflicts without leaving a scar behind.
- Delivering An Awesome Customer Experience - An awesome customer experience will not only retain customers, it will help them to spread the word across to friends and family. Such an experience is provided by exceeding their expectations.
- Does Age Matter To Be Your Own Boss - What's the best age to start a business? It's a hotly debated topic, but at the end of the day isn't it the case that you can be successful as an entrepreneur at any age?
- Emotional Intelligence At Work - To be a successful employer or employee, it is not only important that you have the right set of technical skills needed for your job. Attitude and other soft skills are equally important.
- Employer Branding - The best way to attract talent is to promote your company's brand name. A few ways and means to portray the right image and in turn attract and retain valuable employees are mentioned below
- Ethics of Business Management - Professional morals and ethics must be practiced and promoted by the leadership of every company.
- Ethnic Entrepreneurs - When recent immigrants decide to set up their business, they may have to face a number of challenges. Despite that, millions of immigrant entrepreneurs have boosted the economy of their host countries by being able to run successful businesses.
- Family and Friend Investors - Your First Financiers - After investing your own savings and before turning to venture capitalists, approach your loved ones for help. There is no need to feel shy about it, if you truly believe in yourself and in your cause
- Franchising My Company - Is your company on the verge of expansion, but you are unable to do so due to lack of capital? Check out how franchising the company can help!
- Giving Small Business Websites a Better Look - It is extremely important to design a neat and clear website of your company because these days most people depend on the web to make purchasing decisions.
- Going Global - When existing companies think of entering into the global market, entrepreneurs stand a better chance if they think globally from the beginning, so that they do not waste time and money on redesigning their products to meet global demands.
- Hiring PR Firms - Avoid PR firms during the primary stages of company inception. Find a form that meets your needs, expectations and costs. And most importantly, do not expect them to do wonders!
- Hiring Your First Employee - This is first step to take in the direction of business expansion. Hence it is an important decision to make.
- How Are Today's Entrepreneurs Different from the Past? - Entrepreneurship is on the rise! We examine the various reasons for this surge and the ways in which today's entrepreneurs think as compared to their predecessors.
- How Much Money Should Company Founders Get? - What is the basis of determining the salaries of company founders? Should there be a vast difference between their pay and the salaries of other executives?
- How To Capture Innovative Ideas From Your Staff - Encourage employees to think differently and to come up with innovative and creative ideas. Evaluate these ideas on a regular basis and implement realistic ones.
- How To Keep Your Customers Happy - It is not enough to keep your customers complaint-free. If you expect them to come back again or bring in new customers, you have to constantly keep them happy.
- How to Start a Celebrity Management Firm - It is very interesting and challenging to enter into the limelight at the start of your career as an entrepreneur, and you can do so by representing some of the top most celebrities and public figures of the time.
- How to Use Technology to Gain Business Advantage - In today's fast growing world, it is virtually impossible to remain independent of technology, especially at your workplace. Using the latest cutting edge technology has its own role to play in helping you achieve success.
- Importance of Bookkeeping - It is wise to keep track of how your money is used in your business to make judicious decisions. This article emphasizes the need to have an accounting system in place.
- Importance of Business Networking for Entrepreneurs - Business networking is an art form. As an entrepreneur, you'd do well to master that art, and we've got some great networking tips for you to get you started.
- Increasing ROI Through Data Mining - Explore and exploit the powerful tool of data mining to increase your profits and customer base.
- Initiating Change in an Organization - Change is necessary but it will be met with resistance. The article deals with how to initiate and lead change.
- Insuring Your Business - Running your company, without taking any form of insurance is like diving into the sea for the first time, without a life jacket on! Insure your business before it is too late!
- Launching Your Product - No matter how your concept or product is, it does not sell among people unless you launch it at the right time in the right manner. Here are some tips to a successful launch.
- Planning for Promotions - Promotions are a costly affair, and so should be planned and managed well, lest it leads to losses.
- Preparing for Advertisements - As advertising plays a vital role in the success of your product's sales, this marketing strategy should be well planned and implemented on time.
- Pricing Your Product - When introducing a new product to market, one of the toughest decisions is how much to charge for the product. We look at some commonly used approaches to pricing a product.
- Reinvesting Profits Into Your Business - What's the best use of your small business profits? While you can upgrade your car, remodel a home or take a vacation, the best use of profits is often to put the money back into the business
- ROWE - ROWE is a fast spreading technique used by many well established firms. It will be easier for you to start practicing this work culture since the early days of formation of your company. It boosts employee morale and increases productivity.
- Starting an Environmental Firm - If you feel the urge to do something to better the environment and would like to start your own business in that direction, here are some tips on what you can do.
- The ABC's of Seller Financing - Seller financing is a clever option of financing the purchase of a business. If used properly, it can be beneficial for both the buyer and seller.
- The Importance of Stress Management - Stress is necessary to keep one going, but overstress kills. We discuss a few tips for entrepreneurs to reduce stress in everyday life.
- The Indian Diaspora's Effect on Entrepreneurs - Entrepreneurs in India are getting support and inspiration from non-resident entrepreneurs who have left India. Learn how Indian expatriates are blazing an entrepreneurial trail abroad while fostering entrepreneurship back home in India.
- Underpaying Employees - Underpaying is as bad and sometimes, even worse than overpaying. It breeds frustration and affects productivity and in the long run, you may lose your employees as well.
- Understanding the Brand Identity Prism - This article explains what a brand prism is and how it can effectively be used to market your product better.