Looking for wine franchises? Everyone loves a good bottle of wine! We discuss a few things to consider before buying wine franchises. We've also highlighted some of the top wine retail franchises.
The U.S. retail wine business is a $25 billion industry. For people who enjoy wine, a retail wine store franchise is a great opportunity to enter small business ownership selling a product they already know and love.
But for wine amateurs, retail wine franchising can also be an enjoyable and profitable experience. Most retail wine franchisors equip their franchisees with all the information they need to successfully run their own store, so don't let an unsophisticated palate hold you back from exploring this fun and growing franchise industry.
The wine industry has experienced steady growth over the past decade because many American consumers have adopted wine tasting and consumption as a favorite leisure activity. Today's wine enthusiasts are looking for something more than just a bottle on a shelf. They are looking for a wine store that can enhance their wine experience and provide opportunities for them to grow in their love of wine and wine-related merchandise.
For wine store owners to be competitive, they have to offer quality wine at a great price. But more than that, they have to be sensitive to their customers' need for a total wine experience. Although some wine retailers find success in discount stores with a warehouse feel, most are acutely aware that ambience is important. It's also important for wine store owners to regularly host special events such as wine-tastings and wine education seminars. These events help wine store owners introduce their products and give potential customers a sense of enjoyment in their pursuit of wine.
Wine Styles has capitalized on consumer demand for an uplifting shopping experience. Their stores are warm, inviting, and reminiscent of a wine cellar in an old European village. Catering to an upscale customer base, Wine Styles leverages wine rich history as selling tool for their products. With franchises in several states throughout the U.S., Wine Styles is quickly expanding its business by adding new locations on a continuous basis.
As you might expect, there are many different kinds of retail wine franchises available for prospective franchisees. Research wine franchises in various retail formats before deciding on the one that is right for you.
Points to Consider
- Given the current demand for wine and wine products, it's not surprising that competition in the retail wine industry is fierce! Although your franchisor will provide assistance in marketing your store, much of the competitive burden will fall on your shoulders. As a retail wine franchisee, you'll need to develop the business acumen to succeed in a competitive environment.
- Some retail wine stores market their products to customers searching for the wine experience, while others market their operations as discount stores that target price-conscious wine consumers. These are very different approaches, meaning that you will have to choose which one is most capable of helping you meet your goals as a wine retailer.
- Wine Styles. Wine Styles sells wine and wine products to a mostly upscale customer base. They presently have over 75 franchise locations in the U.S.
- The Connoisseur Wine Store Franchises. The Connoisseur specializes in selling custom-label gift wines to consumers throughout the U.S. Operating from within Saks department stores, the Connoisseur can take orders from other stores and deliver wine and other gifts within 48 hours. In 2005, the company reported 7 U.S. locations.
- Red Kangaroo Wine Store Franchises. In addition to selling quality wines, the Red Kangaroo franchise has expanded its business to include a full line of clothing, cigars, and other merchandise that appeals to wine enthusiasts. Although still a relatively small franchisor, Red Kangaroo is aggressively pursuing qualified franchisees for new stores.
- Vino 100. Vino 100 prides itself on offering franchise opportunities in a user-friendly, affordable wine store format. Like most wine franchisors, they provide comprehensive training for new franchisees and are eager to add new locations in the U.S.
Want to Learn about Franchise Opportunities?
Browse tons of franchise opportunities in the Gaebler Ventures franchise directory:
Gaebler Ventures Franchise Directory Categories - Alphabetical Listings
- # - How to Find a Good Franchising Opportunity
- A - Franchises for Sale
- B - Directory of Franchises
- C - How to Find Franchise Business Opportunities
- D - Franchising Information
- E - Finding a Franchise
- F - Franchise Directory
- G - How to Buy a Franchise
- H - Owning a Franchise
- I - How to Own a Franchise
- J - How to Choose a Franchise
- K - What's the Best Franchise for You?
- L - Franchise Businesses
- M - Learn About Franchises
- N - Franchise Companies
- O - Want to Start a Franchise Business?
- P - Franchise Info at Your Fingertips
- Q - How Do I Buy a Franchise?
- R - How Much Do Franchises Cost?
- S - Start a New Franchise Business
- T - Franchising Process
- U - Franchise Lists
- V - Franchising Lists
- W - Franchise for Sale
- X - Purchasing a Franchise
- Y - Need to Find Franchising Info?
- Z - Learn about Franchising
Gaebler Ventures Franchise Directory Categories - By Franchise Type
- Accounting Franchises
- Apparel Franchises
- Asian Restaurant Franchises
- ATM Franchises
- Auto Parts and Tools Franchises
- Auto Rental Franchises
- Auto Repair Franchises
- Auto Sales Franchises
- Automotive Services Franchises
- B2B Franchises
- Baby Franchises
- Bagel Franchises
- Bakery Franchises
- Bath Remodeling Franchises
- Blind Repair and Sales Franchises
- Bookstore Franchises
- Business Services Franchises
- Candy and Chocolate Franchises
- Car Wash Franchises
- Carpet Care Franchises
- Carpet Retail Franchises
- Cartridge Recycling Franchises
- Cell Phone Franchises
- Child Care Franchises
- Child Education and Tutoring Franchises
- Child Entertainment Franchises
- Child Photos and Portraits Franchises
- Child Safety Franchises
- Children Arts Programs Franchises
- Children's Fitness Franchises
- Children's Franchises
- Cleaning and Maintenance Franchises
- Closet Design and Construction Franchises
- Coffee Shop Franchises
- Construction Franchises
- Consulting Franchises
- Convenience Store Franchises
- Dating Service Franchises
- Deli Restaurant Franchises
- Dollar Store Franchises
- Donut Shop Franchises
- Dry Cleaning & Laundry Franchises
- eBay Franchises
- Embroidery Franchises
- Employment and Staffing Franchises
- Environmental Testing Franchises
- Family Restaurant Franchises
- Fast Food Franchises
- Financial Services Franchises
- Fitness Franchises
- Flooring Franchises
- Florist Franchises
- Food and Drink Franchises
- Framing Store Franchises
- Franchises that Serve Liquor
- Frozen Yogurt Franchises
- Gift Items Franchises
- Golf Franchises
- Hair Styling Franchises
- Handyman Services Franchises
- Hardware Store Franchises
- Health and Beauty Franchises
- Health and Diet Franchises
- Health Franchises
- Healthcare Franchises
- Healthcare Services Franchises
- Healthy Alternative Foods Franchises
- Home Décor Franchises
- Home Furnishings Franchises
- Home Inspection Franchises
- Home Repair Franchises
- Home Services Franchises
- Hotel and Motel Franchises
- Ice Cream Franchises
- Insurance Franchises
- Interior Environment Franchises
- IT Franchises
- IT Training Franchises
- Juice Bar Franchises / Smoothie Franchises
- Kid Friendly Franchises
- Kitchen Design Franchises
- Landscaping Franchises
- Leisure and Entertainment Franchises
- Mail and Shipping Services Franchises
- Marketing, Sales and Advertising Franchises
- Meal Preparation Franchises
- Mexican Restaurant Franchises
- Miscellaneous Franchises
- Modeling Franchises
- Moving Franchises
- Party Supply Franchises
- Payday Loan Franchises
- Payroll Service Franchises
- Personal Services Franchises
- Pest Control Franchises
- Pet Franchises
- Pizza Franchises
- Print and Sign Franchises
- Real Estate Franchises
- Rental Franchises
- Restaurant Franchises
- Restaurant Services Franchises
- Retail Franchises
- Seafood Restaurant Franchises
- Security Franchises
- Senior Care Franchises
- Soccer Franchises
- Specialty Foods Franchises
- Sports Franchises
- Sports Restaurant Franchises
- Tanning Franchises
- Tax Preparation Franchises
- Telecommunications Franchises
- Textile Repair Franchises
- Training and Education Franchises
- Travel and Leisure Franchises
- Vending Franchises
- Video and DVD Rental Franchises
- Video and Photography Franchises
- Wedding Franchises
- Wine Franchises
Our Directory of Franchise Opportunities now includes over 1,400 franchise opportunities. If we're missing a franchise, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs
We greatly appreciate any advice you can provide on this topic. Please contribute your insights on this topic so others can benefit.