Environmental franchises can help you see the green. Powered by demand for a clean and healthy living environment, environmental franchises represent a great franchise opportunity with great services that will be in demand forever.
The demand for a clean and healthy living environment has created an unprecedented opportunity for small businesses.
Americans hate germs, and the good news for these businesses is that germs are everywhere - in the air, in our homes, even in our drinking water. By reducing the level of germs in our living environments, environmental businesses and franchisors have been able to provide consumers with products and services that are both profitable and healthy.
Some franchise industries offer a very narrow range of services. However, the environmental franchise industry is not one of them. As you might imagine, the kinds of franchise opportunities in this industry cover a broad spectrum.
Residential & commercial air cleaning, water purification, waste eradication, even sidewalk chewing gum removal - they are all very real possibilities in environmental franchising.
Chewing gum is great for chewing, but not so great for sidewalks, carpets, and other surfaces. The folks at Gumbusters International noticed that the available methods for gum removal didn't do a very good job. So they invented a patented new system to efficiently and effectively remove gum "pollution" from streetside walkways and interior floor spaces. Their system was a success and they currently have franchises not only in the U.S., but also in the U.K., Germany, Netherlands, and Australia.
Gumbusters is just one example of an environmental franchise that is making a big impact in the marketplace. To find out which franchise is right for you, start by looking around your local community to discern gaps in the marketplace. Once you've determined where the gaps are, begin researching specific franchises that offer services to meet the needs.
Points to Consider
- Some industries lend themselves to easy transitions for new business owners and some don't. The environmental industry requires specific expertise as well as detailed knowledge about environmental laws and regulations. Franchising makes sense for new environmental business owners because it provides support and training that simply aren't an option for non-franchised businesses.
- The environmental services industry is chocked full of technical and scientific terminology. While it helps to have a scientific background, a lack of technical and scientific expertise isn't a deal-breaker. Just make sure to ask lots of questions and surround yourself with qualified people.
- Gumbusters International B.V. Gumbusters is a unique franchisor that offers a very specific service to a potentially diverse cross-section of businesses and consumers. Much of their success can be attributed to the quality of their service and their no-hassle approach. At the present time they offer franchise opportunities both in the U.S. and in select locations abroad.
- Culligan. Established in 1936, Culligan takes pride in being the most recognized name in water, specializing in providing water delivery and purification systems. The company currently has more than 700 franchises in North America and they are eager to recruit new franchisees.
- Envirospect Inc. Environmental home inspections is another area in which franchises have achieved success. Envirospect focuses on inspections for mold, mildew, allergens, radon, lead asbestos, and Phase I environmental consulting. Although they are relatively new to franchising, the company is aggressively seeking new franchisees.
- Advance Look Building Inspections. Similar in scope to Envirospect, Advance Look is another company offering environmental home inspections for potential and existing homeowners. In 2005, they reported 50 franchise locations in North America.
Want to Learn about Franchise Opportunities?
Browse tons of franchise opportunities in the Gaebler Ventures franchise directory:
Gaebler Ventures Franchise Directory Categories - Alphabetical Listings
- # - How to Find a Good Franchising Opportunity
- A - Franchises for Sale
- B - Directory of Franchises
- C - How to Find Franchise Business Opportunities
- D - Franchising Information
- E - Finding a Franchise
- F - Franchise Directory
- G - How to Buy a Franchise
- H - Owning a Franchise
- I - How to Own a Franchise
- J - How to Choose a Franchise
- K - What's the Best Franchise for You?
- L - Franchise Businesses
- M - Learn About Franchises
- N - Franchise Companies
- O - Want to Start a Franchise Business?
- P - Franchise Info at Your Fingertips
- Q - How Do I Buy a Franchise?
- R - How Much Do Franchises Cost?
- S - Start a New Franchise Business
- T - Franchising Process
- U - Franchise Lists
- V - Franchising Lists
- W - Franchise for Sale
- X - Purchasing a Franchise
- Y - Need to Find Franchising Info?
- Z - Learn about Franchising
Gaebler Ventures Franchise Directory Categories - By Franchise Type
- Accounting Franchises
- Apparel Franchises
- Asian Restaurant Franchises
- ATM Franchises
- Auto Parts and Tools Franchises
- Auto Rental Franchises
- Auto Repair Franchises
- Auto Sales Franchises
- Automotive Services Franchises
- B2B Franchises
- Baby Franchises
- Bagel Franchises
- Bakery Franchises
- Bath Remodeling Franchises
- Blind Repair and Sales Franchises
- Bookstore Franchises
- Business Services Franchises
- Candy and Chocolate Franchises
- Car Wash Franchises
- Carpet Care Franchises
- Carpet Retail Franchises
- Cartridge Recycling Franchises
- Cell Phone Franchises
- Child Care Franchises
- Child Education and Tutoring Franchises
- Child Entertainment Franchises
- Child Photos and Portraits Franchises
- Child Safety Franchises
- Children Arts Programs Franchises
- Children's Fitness Franchises
- Children's Franchises
- Cleaning and Maintenance Franchises
- Closet Design and Construction Franchises
- Coffee Shop Franchises
- Construction Franchises
- Consulting Franchises
- Convenience Store Franchises
- Dating Service Franchises
- Deli Restaurant Franchises
- Dollar Store Franchises
- Donut Shop Franchises
- Dry Cleaning & Laundry Franchises
- eBay Franchises
- Embroidery Franchises
- Employment and Staffing Franchises
- Environmental Testing Franchises
- Family Restaurant Franchises
- Fast Food Franchises
- Financial Services Franchises
- Fitness Franchises
- Flooring Franchises
- Florist Franchises
- Food and Drink Franchises
- Framing Store Franchises
- Franchises that Serve Liquor
- Frozen Yogurt Franchises
- Gift Items Franchises
- Golf Franchises
- Hair Styling Franchises
- Handyman Services Franchises
- Hardware Store Franchises
- Health and Beauty Franchises
- Health and Diet Franchises
- Health Franchises
- Healthcare Franchises
- Healthcare Services Franchises
- Healthy Alternative Foods Franchises
- Home Décor Franchises
- Home Furnishings Franchises
- Home Inspection Franchises
- Home Repair Franchises
- Home Services Franchises
- Hotel and Motel Franchises
- Ice Cream Franchises
- Insurance Franchises
- Interior Environment Franchises
- IT Franchises
- IT Training Franchises
- Juice Bar Franchises / Smoothie Franchises
- Kid Friendly Franchises
- Kitchen Design Franchises
- Landscaping Franchises
- Leisure and Entertainment Franchises
- Mail and Shipping Services Franchises
- Marketing, Sales and Advertising Franchises
- Meal Preparation Franchises
- Mexican Restaurant Franchises
- Miscellaneous Franchises
- Modeling Franchises
- Moving Franchises
- Party Supply Franchises
- Payday Loan Franchises
- Payroll Service Franchises
- Personal Services Franchises
- Pest Control Franchises
- Pet Franchises
- Pizza Franchises
- Print and Sign Franchises
- Real Estate Franchises
- Rental Franchises
- Restaurant Franchises
- Restaurant Services Franchises
- Retail Franchises
- Seafood Restaurant Franchises
- Security Franchises
- Senior Care Franchises
- Soccer Franchises
- Specialty Foods Franchises
- Sports Franchises
- Sports Restaurant Franchises
- Tanning Franchises
- Tax Preparation Franchises
- Telecommunications Franchises
- Textile Repair Franchises
- Training and Education Franchises
- Travel and Leisure Franchises
- Vending Franchises
- Video and DVD Rental Franchises
- Video and Photography Franchises
- Wedding Franchises
- Wine Franchises
Our Directory of Franchise Opportunities now includes over 1,400 franchise opportunities. If we're missing a franchise, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs
We greatly appreciate any advice you can provide on this topic. Please contribute your insights on this topic so others can benefit.